Acrylic,also known as PMMA or plexiglassis,which is an important plastic polymer material that was developed earlier. It has good transparency, chemical stability, weather resistance, easy dyeing, easy processing, and beautiful appearance.The acrylic in the cnc machining acrylic prototype has a beautiful appearance and a long service life. At the same time, the basic requirements are not high, and the price is relatively low, so it has a very high cost performance. It has a wide range of applications in the construction industry. Plexiglass products can generally be divided into cast plates, extruded plates and molding compounds.
Properties of Acrylic:
1. It has crystal-like transparency, light transmittance above 92%, soft light, clear vision, and acrylic colored with dyes has a good color development effect.
2. Acrylic sheet has excellent weather resistance, high surface hardness and surface gloss, and good high temperature performance.
3. Acrylic sheet has good processing performance, which can be thermoformed or mechanically processed.
4. The transparent acrylic sheet has a light transmittance comparable to glass, but the density is only half that of glass. In addition, it is not as fragile as glass, and even if it is broken, it will not form sharp fragments like glass.
5. The abrasion resistance of acrylic sheet is close to that of aluminum, and it has good stability and resistance to various chemicals.
6. Acrylic sheet has good printability and sprayability, and the use of appropriate printing and spraying techniques can give acrylic products an ideal surface decoration effect.
7. Flammability: It is not spontaneously combustible but belongs to flammable product, and does not have self-extinguishing property.